Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's Fall aka 100 Days Left this Year!

Here's a little fact that I just learned about today: it's the 265th day of the year, which means there are exactly 100 days left until 2011. It seems like the perfect time to think about all those New Year's Resolutions we made last January, or, even better, make some resolutions or some goals now.

Today is also the first day of fall, and I always start to get a sense at this point, that the year is almost over. I'm tempted to already start looking ahead to the next year and thinking about what things I might want to do or accomplish, come January.

But 100 days is still a long time, so this morning, I'm making a list of goals, things I want to do between now and the end of the year. I'm thinking of this fall as a fresh start, rather than an ending -- kind of like how I decided a few weeks back to see Mondays as beginnings. It's a new season today, and 2010 still has 100 potentially amazing days left.

How are you planning on spending the last 100 days of 2010? What do you hope to do or accomplish?


2 comments:

  1. I am really hoping to finally get settled into this house, which we moved into in October of '09. It has been a year and we still aren't unpacked completely! I am also going to try and meet my goal of reading 50 books this year, I have 11 to go. I think I can make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! That's a lot of books in one year ;-)

    ReplyDelete